Magazines Archives - 2011 Jan
IHHS 2011 a must-attend fair for houseware retailers worldwide
Story 4 - Special Preview
This mega-event, which has been growing in size and stature year after year, has become a must-attend event for retailers of homeware and houseware products from all over the world, attracting over 60,000 buyers from over 100 countries.
More than 2,000 exhibitors from 35 countries are expected to be at IHHS 2011 to offer retailers worldwide new and innovative products and product lines. Buyers will be able to select and place orders for the latest products in new colours and designs to help meet and exceed their customers demanding expectations.
Organised by the International Housewares Association (IH A), the fair can be viewed by specific categories:
- dine + design Over 1,000 exhibitors will be showcasing their products in this category. They include All-Clad Metalcrafters, BergHOFF International, Castey Global, DuPont Teflon Finishes, Krups, Le Creuset, Rowenta, Whitford Corporation, WMF Americas, Inc and Zwilling J.A. Henckels in the dine section. Showing in the design section will be Anchor Hocking Glass, Axa, Bernard France, Chilewich, Corningware, Duralex, Joseph Joseph, Libbey Lifetime Brands, Mukitchen, Robert Welch, Thermos, Vipp, World Kitchen and Zak Designs, among others.
- clean + contain More than 250 companies offering organisation products will be located at this category. They include American Maid Plastic, Better Living Products, Bigso Box of Sweden, Freudenberg Household Products, Household Essentials, LLC, Mrs Meyers, Rubbermaid, simplehuman and Umbra.
- wire + well IHHS has gained a reputation as the leading trade fair for electrical appliances for the home. Exhibitors at this category offer choice selections for air filtration and cooling, two product categories that are now rapidly growing in importance in Europe, Asia and Latin America. More than 200 exhibitors will be featured, including Andis Company, The 2011 edition of the International Home + Housewares Show (IHHS 2011), which takes place from March 6-8 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, USA, will showcase new and innovative features. Find out more in this sneak preview. Avanti, Bunn-O-Matic, Conair, Conway, Electrolux, Emjoi, Hoover, Nespresso, Panasonic, Rug Doctor, Vidal Sassoon, Wahl International and Zojirushi.
- International pavilions More products can be found at the International pavilions, a popular feature at this annual event. The pavilions at the 2011 show will include Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, India, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam.
Two new categories will be featured at IHHS 2011:
- Travel Goods The show will feature more than 250 exhibitors showcasing luggage and casual bags, backpacks, business cases, computer bags, handbags, travel accessories and umbrellas. Travel goods exhibitors include: Delsey, Eagle Creek, Hadaki, Hartmann, Heys, Johnston & Murphy, LeSportSac, Olivet, Rimowa, Sully, Sumdex, Thule, Travel Table, Travelon, West Coast Trends, Wildkin, Winn and Zero.
- Discover Design Inspired design from around the globe is the focus of this new category, which will be located in the Tabletop, Kitchen Essentials + Accents section in the Dine + Design Expo in the South Building. It will feature companies specifically invited to exhibit in the category.
To view full story, get a copy of Retail Asia. To subscribe, please download the subscription form from http://www.retailasiaonline.com/subscription.html