<font size="2">You need Macromedia Flash plug-in for the browser to view this.</font>

Magazines Archives - 2011 October

FHT 2011 remains a focused networking event for F&B and hospitality industries
Story 3 - Special Review


THE 19th edition of the premium “five-star” hospitality event, Food & Hotel Thailand 2011 (FHT 2011), which ran from September 13-16, saw a 25% growth in size this year, spanning over 12,000sqm of exhibition space on the top floor of the Royal Paragon Hall, Siam Paragon, in Bangkok, Thailand.

The first two days of the show saw a 6% increase in the number of visitors from last year. Altogether, more than 26,400 trade visitors turned up at FHT 2011, with 241 participants from 20 countries and over 750 exhibiting brands from 40 countries. International visitors also grew by 18% from last year. Further, the event attracted new participants from South Africa and China.

While the statistics proved that the show has established itself as a premium networking and deal-making platform for the hospitality industry, Justin Pau, general manager of Bangkok Exhibition Services Limited (BES) , the organiser of the FHT series in Thailand, revealed that an increasing number of “importers, distributors as well as retailers are attending the event”, turning the show into a launch pad for new-to-market products.

FHT 2011 keeps up with current trends
Keeping with the growing industry trends in the region, FHT 2011 introduced visitors to two dedicated sections on the show floor — the Coffee Culture and Spa & Lifestyle zones.

Slated to become a permanent feature at future FHT shows, BES’ Pau explained that the Coffee Culture zone is meant to capitalise on the strong growth that coffee culture and consumption is enjoying in Thailand.

“The feedback from exhibitors has been very positive. The show provides the platform for them to connect with the local industry, which is growing very rapidly. One exhibitor who sells coffee machines revealed that his coffee business is growing 50%- 70% per year. That is how strong some of the coffee sales have been growing within the Thai coffee industry, which is backed by growing consumption of coffee in hotels, restaurants and coffeeshops in Thailand,” he elaborated.

Looking to tap into this growth, third-time exhibitor, Nan Chaiyadej, general manager of Aroma Thailand, a division of the Aroma Group, revealed that the company took four booths at the show this year, spread across the Coffee Culture and F&B sections.

While the coffee manufacturer primarily distributes to fast-food chains and independent coffee shops, where the company supplies to nearly 10,000 locations across the country, Nan said that the group is planning to expand its distribution to hotels as well.

“Our main focus is on coffee and coffee machines, which make up about 70% of our business, as well as ingredients for making beverages, such as syrups and juices, which make for the remaining 30%. About 80% of our products are made locally,” he added.

Attesting to the quality of the visitors at the event this year, Nan continued that while the company typically closes more deals on the last day of the show, it had sealed a few contracts by the second morning of FHT 2011, noting that the first day of the exhibition was off to a better start than last year.

To view full story, get a copy of Retail Asia. To subscribe, please download the subscription form from http://www.retailasiaonline.com/subscription.html 



2011 Oct Stories:

Holiday shopping fazed by global economic malaise
Part 1: Domestic demand will be key to Asian economies and therefore Asian retailing this year

Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2012 put the spotlight on HK as Asia’s fashion hub

FHT 2011 remains a focused networking event for F&B and hospitality industries

Green Retailing

Experts believe social media remains vital to brand recognition

H&M opens on Singapore’s Orchard Road, marking its debut in South-east Asia

SingPost partners PayPal, eBay & Google to launch EZ Suite

Kimberly-Clark expands worldwide innovation capabilities

Taubman Asia takes over Beijing’s TCBL

Big C Supercentre to invest nearly US$10m to create green supply chain

The making of two successful restaurants

Innovating retail management with cloud computing

> Back To 2011 Archives
Site Map
Powered By